A small, twin-engine plane traveling from West Houston Airport to Kerrville Municipal Airport crashed Monday morning, killing all six people onboard. The Beechcraft BE58, owned and piloted by local philanthropist Jeffrey Weiss, crashed into a private ranch around 9 a.m., and all six people aboard died on impact, local news outlets reported.
Weiss was described by authorities as an experienced pilot with more than 5,000 flight hours. He had been flying for 40 years and had bought the small plane in 2002. He and his five passengers were on their way to Kerrville, about 65 miles northwest of San Antonio, for business.
In addition to Weiss, the plane crash victims were identified as:
- Stuart Roben Kensinger, 55, of Houston
- Angela Webb Kensinger, 54, of Houston
- Mark Damien Scioneaux, 58, of Houston
- Scott Reagan Miller, 55, of Houston
- Marc Tellepsen, 45, of Houston
Cause of Plane Crash Undetermined
The Federal Aviation Administration, the Texas Department of Public Safety, and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the crash. Investigators will be inspecting the aircraft’s engines, propellers, and other parts for signs of problems. Authorities noted that although the weather was overcast, it was not raining at the time of the crash.
“They are going to make sure they uncover every little thing that could have potentially caused this airplane crash,” Kurt Leslie, dean for the College of Aeronautics at Hallmark University, told KHOU 11. “There are a host of things, from mechanical to pilot error, to weather to human factors. One thing I think was interesting, I didn’t see anything catch on fire. So, that is something they will be looking at as well.”
Help for Families Who Have Lost a Loved One in an Airplane Crash
No one expects that an everyday business trip or leisurely vacation could end in tragedy. Sadly, families who have lost loved ones in plane crashes must cope with shock, grief, and unexpected financial stresses related to losing a loved one in an accident. Although there is no way to erase the pain that a family goes through after a plane crash, pursuing a wrongful death claim can provide financial relief and a sense of justice for the victims.
At The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian™, we represent families who are struggling to cope with the loss of loved ones after devastating plane crashes. Our compassionate team of attorneys has extensive experience investigating these types of complex accidents and identifying all potentially liable parties. We help families by:
- Serving as a protective advocate for the family in dealing with the insurance companies responsible for providing compensation
- Helping families document the damages suffered, including funeral and burial costs, lost earning capacity, loss of love and companionship, mental and emotional pain and suffering, etc.
- Aggressively negotiating toward full and fair settlements, and advising families on all offers
- Representing families at trial, if an out-of-court settlement is not possible
- Making ourselves available to talk and answer questions throughout the process, so the family always feels supported
If you have lost a loved one in a plane accident, please do not hesitate to contact our knowledgeable legal team. Schedule a free consultation with an experienced Houston personal injury lawyer now by calling (713) 842-9492.