Types of Bicycle Accidents
Types of Bicycle Accidents – we can help get you the bicycle accident compensation and justice you deserve.
All too often, our attorneys hear from bicyclists who were seriously injured by dangerous or careless drivers. We know how terrifying and life-altering these accidents can be. Sadly, we also know how complex the personal injury claims process can be.
Our team has extensive experience handling all types of bicycle accident claims. We have the skills and the resources to investigate these crashes and prove who should be held liable for the damages you have suffered.
To learn how our bicycle accident lawyers can help you, contact The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian™ today for your free consultation.
Why Choose Our Houston Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
Have you been injured in a bicycle accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence? If so, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the losses you have suffered. Our respected Houston bicycle accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian™ are ready to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Why choose us?
- More than 15 years of experience serving accident victims throughout Houston
- Successfully secured full compensation for thousands of injured individuals and their families
- Committed to personalized service, with extended hours, bilingual staff, and attorneys who travel to you
- No fees unless we win compensation for you
No one should have to suffer the pain and financial strain of a severe bicycle accident. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, you are not alone. Our knowledgeable bicycle accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian™ are here to help you through the recovery process.
Contact us now to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
What Are the Most Common Types of Bicycle Accidents?
If you were injured in a bicycle accident in Houston that was not your fault, it’s very important that you consult with an experienced bike accident attorney as soon as possible. A lawyer will be able to determine what caused the accident, all possible sources of compensation, the extent of your injuries, and the types of compensation you can claim.
The majority of bicycle accidents are the fault of the motorist who struck the cyclist. At The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian™, we are committed to holding negligent motorists accountable when they cause harm to a cyclist. Some of the most common types of bicycle accidents our firm sees include:
- Exiting from a private drive: These accidents occur when a cyclist comes from a private drive, alley, or sidewalk and enters a roadway. They typically occur in residential areas where drivers may not be looking out for cyclists like they would for cars.
- Stop signs and stop lights: These accidents occur when a motorist who is stopped at a stop sign or stop light pulls into the intersection, striking the cyclist. Also, when motorists slow down but don’t come to complete stop, they can hit cyclists traveling through an intersection.
- Driver turning left: Commonly referred to as “the left cross,” this is one of the most dangerous accidents. These occur when a car attempts to make a left turn in front of an oncoming cyclist and either strikes the bike from the side or causes the rider to crash into the side of the car.
- Vehicles operating in bike lanes: Bicycle lanes are growing in popularity throughout Texas. Unfortunately, motorists do not always practice proper bike lane etiquette, which can cause bicycle accidents.
- Motorists overtaking a cyclist: These accidents, which are more common at night due to low visibility, happen when motorists fail to see cyclists, resulting in collisions.
- Driver turning right: These accidents occur when a driver turns right, fails to yield, and strikes a bicycle in the cross street. A driver may also overtake a bicyclist and cut them off when making a right turn.
- Getting “doored”: These accidents occur when a driver opens the door to exit the vehicle and the oncoming cyclist crashes into the open door.
No matter how your accident happened, you should talk to an attorney about your legal rights. You should not be left with medical bills and other expenses due to someone else’s mistake.
Proving Liability After a Bike Accident
Every driver in Texas has a duty of reasonable care in their interactions with other people on the road. They have a duty to be on the lookout for cyclists and exercise caution when passing them. When drivers breach this duty, such as by speeding or driving while distracted, they can cause a serious accident.
As our firm investigates your crash, we will collect a variety of evidence to help prove liability. This may include:
- Photos from the accident scene
- Surveillance videos that may have captured the crash
- Damage to your bike and the other vehicle
- Witness statements
- The police crash report
- Analysis from accident reconstruction experts
Proving liability is not simple, but our seasoned legal team knows exactly what needs to be done. We will work quickly to secure evidence and determine all possible sources of compensation in your case.
Need Legal Advice? Contact an Experienced Bicycle Accident Attorney
When you work with The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian™, we will immediately launch an investigation into your bicycle accident. Our experienced Houston bicycle accident attorneys will determine the cause of your accident and who should be held liable.
Our skilled lawyers will aggressively negotiate for a full settlement that covers all of your past, present, and future expenses related to your bicycle accident. If the insurance company provides a settlement offer that is less than what you deserve, we won’t hesitate to file a lawsuit and take your case to court.
Contact The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian™ today to schedule a free and confidential consultation with a bicycle accident attorney. Our dedicated legal team represents accident victims and their families on a contingency fee basis, which means you will pay no legal fees unless we secure compensation for you.