Houston Tractor-Trailer Accident Attorney
Accidents involving large commercial tractor-trailers and your average passenger car tend to have catastrophic results. The occupants of the smaller vehicle will usually suffer the worst consequences. If you were hurt or if someone you love was killed in an 18-wheeler accident, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries and other losses.
At The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian™, it is our mission to help injured victims throughout Houston recover the full compensation they need to heal after a devastating crash. Our skilled legal team has secured millions of dollars in insurance settlements and trial verdicts for our deserving clients. We want to help you, too. Call us now or contact us online to schedule your free consultation with a Houston tractor-trailer accident lawyer.
Steps to Take After Being Hurt in a Tractor-Trailer Truck Accident
Being involved in a tractor-trailer truck accident is shocking and disorienting. It’s common to feel uncertain about what to do next. To protect your ability to recover potential compensation in the future, take the following steps:
- Call 911 or call the police to report your accident. Responding law enforcement officers will write an official report documenting your crash. This will be helpful when it comes time to file a personal injury claim.
- Exchange contact and insurance details with the tractor-trailer driver and the drivers of any other vehicles involved in the crash. Be sure to get the name and contact information for the truck driver’s employer, as well.
- Gather contact information from any other eyewitnesses to the accident. Your lawyer can follow up with these people to document what they saw.
- Take photographs of your injuries, vehicle damage, and the accident scene.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Follow any prescribed treatment plans from your doctor. Save all paperwork related to your treatment.
- Do give the insurance company or the trucking company a written or recorded statement. If someone contacts you to discuss the wreck, refer them to your lawyer.
Your health should be your top priority after a serious truck crash. As soon as you have received proper medical care, your next call should be to an experienced tractor-trailer truck accident lawyer in Houston. Contact The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian™ now for a free consultation.
Know Your Right to Compensation
Medical expenses, repair bills, and other costs of living can weigh heavy on an accident victim’s mind. With the help of a skilled personal injury lawyer, you have the right to file a claim for compensation from the at-fault party(s). If your claim is successful, you could be entitled to payment for the following types of damages:
- Current and future medical expenses for treatment of accident-related injuries
- Treatment-related expenses, such as transportation to medical appointments
- Pain, suffering, emotional anguish, and mental distress from your injuries
- Losses of income, if you were forced to miss work because of your accident
- Lost future earning potential, if your ability to work is permanently affected
- Loss of support or consortium, if family members are affected by your injuries
- Loss of quality or enjoyment of your own life
Who Can Be Held Responsible After a Tractor-Trailer Accident?
Tractor-trailer accidents typically involve drivers operating in a commercial capacity. This means that they are not driving just to get from point A to point B. They have deadlines to meet and bosses to satisfy. Several other third parties have a vested interest in a truck driver’s performance on the road. The following parties may share in responsibility for a crash:
- The truck driver, who may have been fatigued, distracted, or even intoxicated when he or she collided with you
- The trucking company employing the driver, which may have imposed unrealistic demands on the driver that led to unsafe behaviors
- The manufacturers of any cargo being hauled by the truck, which could cause accidents if it was improperly packaged or labeled
- Any cargo loading teams, who are responsible for packing items into a semi-truck’s trailer in a stable and secure manner
- Any manufacturers of defective truck parts, such as brakes or steering systems, that may have failed and subsequently caused your accident
- Any mechanics or repair shops that completed inspections or repairs on the tractor-trailer, if they failed to investigate or address apparent issues
How Our Houston Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Because semi-tractor-trailer accidents often involve serious damage and catastrophic injuries, the value of these claims is typically quite high. Expensive claims and multiple potentially liable parties make these cases complex and difficult to win without significant legal experience. Consider the following ways The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian™ works to demand the best possible outcome for you:
- Helping you understand the state and federal laws that apply to your case and your legal rights
- Providing professional advice and guidance as you consider your options
- Investigating your crash and collecting strong evidence to support your claim
- Thoroughly documenting the full extent of your losses, which often includes working with medical experts, economists, and life-care planners to consider the long-term impacts of your injuries
- Negotiating aggressively on your behalf for maximum compensation from insurance providers
- Representing your interests in court, if the insurance companies refuse to offer a fair settlement
Time Limit for Filing a Claim
If you were gravely injured in a Houston tractor-trailer accident, it’s important to act quickly. Like most states, Texas imposes a statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. This is like a legal time limit. In the Lone Star State, truck accident victims generally have two years from the date of their accident to file for compensation in court. If you miss this legal deadline to file a lawsuit, your case will likely be dismissed by the court, and you will lose your right to recover compensation.
Contact Us Today for Legal Advice
Take action in your tractor-trailer accident case now. Contact the knowledgeable semi-trailer accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian™ for your free, confidential case review.