Drunk Driving Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Our attorneys take this pressure off you by handling all the details on your personal injury claim after an accident caused by a drunk driver.
Were you severely injured in a motorcycle accident in Houston? Was the other driver under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash? If so, you need to speak to an experienced motorcycle accident attorney at The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian.
Our trial attorneys are committed to helping injured bikers in Houston and throughout the state of Texas. We have the experience and skill to fight for the maximum compensation you need, whether at the negotiating table or in the courtroom.
Our attorneys are always available to speak with you about the specifics of your case. When you call us, you can rest assured you will speak with someone with the experience to help you through this challenging time in your life. Contact The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian now to schedule your free consultation.
How Can a Drunk Driving Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You?
When you are struggling to recover from serious injuries, the last thing you need is to argue with an insurance company that just wants to minimize what you are going through. Our attorneys take this pressure off you by handling all the details on your personal injury claim after an accident caused by a drunk driver.
When you choose our law firm to handle your case, you can trust that our skilled team will:
- Investigate your crash thoroughly to prove who should be held responsible
- Evaluate and document the full extent of your injuries
- Consult with experts who can show how your injuries will affect you in the future
- Negotiate aggressively for a fair settlement and prepare your case for trial if a fair offer is not reached
Throughout the process, we will always be here to answer your questions and provide updates on the progress of your case. To get started on your claim now, contact us for a free consultation.
Demanding Full Compensation After a Drunk Driving Motorcycle Accident
As a victim of a drunk driving accident, you could be owed significant compensation, often referred to as damages. Damages are any losses an injured individual sustains due to the negligence of another person.
Some of the common types of damages you may be entitled to include:
- Medical expenses – You can seek compensation for hospital visits or urgent care, physical therapy, doctor visits, prescription medications, surgery, and medical devices. You can also pursue compensation for treatment you will need in the future.
- Lost wages – If you’re unable to work because of your injuries, you can seek compensation for the pay you couldn’t earn. This also includes the loss of earning capacity for the future.
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress – Any physical pain or emotional trauma you suffered as a result of your accident, such as anxiety, depression, and PTSD, can warrant compensation.
In some drunk driving cases, punitive damages may be awarded. These damages are designed to punish the at-fault party for extreme carelessness or recklessness.
Statute of Limitations on Drunk Driving Accident Cases
The statute of limitations for filing a drunk driving injury claim in Texas is two years. This means if you wish to pursue civil action against the driver, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit with the court. Once the statute of limitations runs out, you will lose your chance to file a lawsuit against the drunk driver, now or in the future.
It is crucial that you consult with an attorney as soon as possible after your accident to ensure your legal team has time to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
How Is a Criminal Case Different from a Civil Case?
When a drunk driver causes an injury accident, he or she will often face criminal charges, alongside any civil claims the injured parties might make. A criminal case will vary quite significantly from any civil action that is brought against the driver.
For one, the criminal case will be tried by a prosecutor, and the punishment could include heavy fines, jail time, loss of driving privileges, and more. The burden of proof that the prosecutor must meet to secure a conviction is quite high in criminal cases. They must show beyond a reasonable doubt that the person was drunk and caused the crash.
In a civil case, victims who were hurt by the drunk driver can seek financial compensation for the harm they’ve suffered, damage to their property, and other losses. The burden of proof is much lower in a civil case than it is in a criminal one. Your injury lawyer will only have to prove that it is “more likely than not” that the person was intoxicated and caused you to suffer injuries in the motorcycle crash.
Texas Drunk Driving Facts
The Texas Department of Transportation notes that:
- Every 20 minutes, someone in Texas is injured or killed in a crash involving alcohol.
- For some people, two or three beers in an hour can make them legally intoxicated.
- In Texas, drivers are legally intoxicated when they have a .08 blood alcohol concentration (BAC).
Common Drunk Driving Motorcycle Injuries
Due to their small size and lack of safety features, motorcycles provide very little protection to riders. Even if you wear a helmet, you could still suffer severe injuries if you’re hit by a car or truck. The following are the most common injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents:
- Road rash
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts or lacerations
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spine and spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Loss of limbs
Hurt by a Drunk Driver? Contact a Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The Houston drunk driving motorcycle accident attorneys from The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian are ready to take your call. Our law firm can provide you with a free consultation to discuss your case and help you understand your legal rights.
Contact us now to learn how we can help you move forward and demand justice after a drunk driving motorcycle accident.