Traumatic Brain Injury, Head Injury, and Neck Injury Attorney
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), head injuries, and neck injuries are some of the worst types of injuries a person could suffer in an accident. The effects of these injuries remain with accident victims for weeks, months, and sometimes even years to come. In some cases, the accident victim never makes a full recovery.
These injuries change the lives of those suffering from them. Often, victims are unable to work, yet the costly medical bills continue to pile up.
When this is the case, victims can pursue compensation from those at fault for their accident. If you’ve been hurt, our traumatic brain injury attorneys can help you demand the compensation you may be entitled to through a personal injury claim. Our team has helped countless people suffering from head and neck injuries after serious accidents, and we are ready to put our experience and resources to work for you.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a compassionate lawyer.
How Our TBI, Head and Neck Injury Attorneys Can Help
Too often, injury victims think they can negotiate with an insurance company on their own after a serious accident. Unfortunately, there are many complexities to these claims, and if you’re unfamiliar with them, you could negatively impact your case by trying to handle things without the help of a legal professional.
Our head and neck injury attorneys deal with these claims every day, and we will treat your case as if you are a member of our family. You can trust our dedicated Houston brain injury attorneys to:
- Calculate the full value of your claim: There are many types of compensation available that you may not be aware of, but our attorneys will know to demand payment for every loss you have suffered, as well as future anticipated losses.
- Handle all communication with insurance companies: The insurance company is not your friend. An attorney will not let insurance adjusters get away with their deceptive techniques and will hold the insurers accountable for paying what you’re owed.
- Explain the law in a way you can understand: Houston has many laws regarding personal injury cases, and the statutes are typically written in complex language. We are familiar with this verbiage and will clearly explain how the law applies to your case.
- Prove liability: This is the most difficult aspect of any personal injury case. We know what evidence to look for and how to collect it to prove who should be held accountable for your injuries.
- Pursue a lawsuit: When insurance settlement offers are unfair or don’t cover the cost of your injuries, you may have to file a lawsuit that could end with a trial. We are not intimidated by the courtroom and will build you a solid case.
If you are ready to get qualified legal help with your personal injury claim, please contact The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian for a free consultation.
Levels of Traumatic Brain Injury
No traumatic brain injury is minor to the person who is suffering from it. However, TBIs do have varying levels of severity. They are:
- Mild injury: TBIs that don’t result in loss of consciousness, or a loss of just a few minutes, are categorized as a mild TBI. Medical testing may indicate there was no injury to the brain, but these tests are not always accurate. A doctor will focus on your mental functions and symptoms such as confusion and disorientation when diagnosing a TBI.
- Moderate injury: Moderate TBIs result in a loss of consciousness that may last a few hours. The confusion associated with moderate TBIs can last for weeks. Physical, cognitive, and behavioral complications can also occur and last for months. Sometimes these complications are permanent.
- Severe brain injury: These TBIs are life-threatening, and its unlikely victims will ever return to the life they once they had. These are often open-head injuries resulting from a crushing blow to the head or penetration of the skull and brain. However, closed-head injuries can also result in severe TBI.
All traumatic brain injuries are serious and require immediate medical treatment. Mild TBIs often don’t present symptoms at first, such as with a mild concussion. It’s for this reason anyone involved in an accident should always seek medical help right away to ensure they are properly diagnosed and treated.
Types of Neck Injuries
Neck injuries, like TBIs, are often seen after an accident. The most common of these include:
- Whiplash: Easily the most common type of neck injury, whiplash damages the soft tissues in the neck.
- Repetitive strain: In an accident, this type of injury often results from the neck being in an awkward position for a sustained period of time.
- Sprains and strains: Soft tissues can become stretched or torn during an accident, resulting in sprains and strains.
- Pinched nerves: Nerve damage is common after accidents, but pinched nerves in the neck are especially painful, causing shooting pain with even the slightest movement.
- Disc injury: During an accident, the spine and discs often become compressed. When this happens, those discs can slip out of the spinal column, or even rupture.
- Broken vertebrae: These injuries are often fatal, as it involves damage to the spinal cord. Even when a victim survives the accident, these injuries could still cause paralysis.
Like brain injuries, neck injuries have some of the longest lasting impacts for accident victims. They require extensive and costly treatment, and the victims may be unable to work as they focus on recovery.
What Types of Accidents Can Cause Head and Neck Trauma?
Any accident can cause trauma to the head and neck. The most common include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and falls
- Workplace accidents
- Attacks related to negligent security
In many of these cases, the accident can be traced to someone’s negligent behavior. When someone else is to blame for your injury, you can hold them liable for the damages you have suffered.
Compensation for Neck and Head Injuries in Houston
Our seasoned neck and head injury lawyers will demand full and fair compensation for all the losses you have suffered. Depending on the circumstances of your case, this may include:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage (such as the cost to repair or replace your vehicle)
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
These are just a few types of compensation you can receive after a neck and head injury. After reviewing and investigating your case, a traumatic brain injury attorney can explain the full amount of compensation you may be entitled to receive.
Contact a TBI, Head and Neck Injury Attorney Today
If you have been in an accident and are now suffering from an injury to the brain, head, or neck, do not hesitate to seek legal advice about your next steps. At The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian, our compassionate Houston brain injury attorneys will review your case for free and go over all your legal options.
This is the kind of work we do every day, and we want to put our experience to work for you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation and get the help you need.