Unsafe Lane Change Accident Lawyer
Drivers who make unsafe lane changes are a major cause of car accidents. One study from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that crossing over the edge of the lane was the critical pre-crash event for nearly 11 percent of all accidents.
Another study from the Insurance Information Institute found that about 7.2 percent of all fatal crashes in a recent year were caused by drivers and motorcycle riders for failure to maintain their lane. These figures show that thousands of lives are impacted every year by drivers making unsafe lane changes.
If you’ve been injured by a driver making an unsafe lane change, call The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian right away. Our clients have recovered extensive compensation with our help. We have received numerous honors for our work, including a 2021 Client’s Choice Award from Avvo.
Hilda Sibrian has dedicated herself to helping injured people in Houston and throughout Texas get fair compensation after an accident. Get a free case review today by calling our Houston office or by visiting our contact page.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer for an Unsafe Lane Change Case?
Unsafe lane change accident cases are different from other types of car accident claims. Because these accidents often happen quickly and at high speeds, it can be difficult to determine who caused the accident and should be held liable for the other party’s injuries.
Unsafe lane change accidents also tend to cause more severe injuries than other types of accidents, making the stakes much higher for the party making a claim. To give yourself the optimal chance of recovering compensation for your injuries and holding the other driver accountable for their actions, make sure you talk to an experienced and qualified car accident attorney.
How to Determine Who Is Liable in an Unsafe Lane Accident
Before you can recover any compensation for damages you sustained in an unsafe lane change accident claim, you must identify the liable parties. You will need as much evidence as possible to support your claim, especially if you want to recover the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.
An unsafe lane change accident attorney can help you find the evidence you’ll need, which may include:
- Police accident reports – Police are typically required to investigate any accident in which one or more drivers sustain an injury. They’ll carefully examine the crash scene to try to determine what happened and who is responsible. Once the investigation is complete, they may cite one or more drivers for their role in causing the crash, and you can use the crash report to support your claim.
- Crash scene photos – Photos from the accident scene can help paint a picture of what happened and add crucial details and context. Be sure to take photos of the damage to your vehicle after a crash. You’ll also want pictures of the damage to the other vehicle and the surrounding area.
- Eyewitness accounts – Third-party eyewitnesses are helpful in accident claims because they can provide a neutral perspective of what happened. If you notice anyone who saw the accident, be sure to get their contact information.
- Expert witnesses – Medical experts, accident reconstruction experts, and other expert witnesses can analyze a crash scene and interpret findings others have made. Our extensive experience handling these kinds of cases means we have many experts we can call on.
How The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian Can Help You
Trying to get all the necessary legal work accomplished while you’re in pain and trying to rebuild your life is a major challenge. Furthermore, obtaining maximum compensation for your injuries generally requires special skills and legal training you might not have.
The experienced, dedicated personal injury attorneys from The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian are here to help. Our legal staff undergoes an intensive training regimen before we ever interact with clients. In addition to her impressive legal knowledge, Hilda Sibrian also has in-depth knowledge of human sciences and anatomy, helping her to understand how an injury can impact accident victims.
We have served the Houston area since 2004. During this time, we have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients and held negligent parties responsible for the harm they caused.
Our team at The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian can help you:
- Gathering evidence – We’ll determine what happened and identify the liable parties by conducting a thorough investigation and gathering evidence in your case.
- Conducting a legal analysis – We’ll use our extensive experience to analyze your claim and craft a legal strategy the maximizes your chances of recovering fair compensation.
- Filing your insurance claim – Most personal injury claims are resolved in insurance settlements rather than trials. We’ll take care of all of the paperwork and everything else involved with your insurance claim, presenting your strongest possible case while minimizing any mistakes that could cost you compensation.
- Negotiating your claim – Settlement negotiations can be tense, so it’s better to let a lawyer handle negotiations on your behalf. We’ll vigorously defend your rights while fighting for the highest possible settlement amount.
- Representing you at trial – Sometimes, settlement negotiations fail despite the best efforts of all involved. If this happens with your case, we’re not afraid to bring your case to trial to see that you get the compensation you deserve.
Potential Compensation After an Unsafe Lane Change Accident in Houston
If you’re injured in an unsafe or improper lane change accident in Texas, state law allows you to pursue compensation for your injuries from the liable driver. You could potentially receive compensation for your:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional turmoil
- Medical bills related to the accident
- Lost wages
- Diminished capacity to work
- Damaged personal property
Contact The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian
Texas law only gives car accident victims two years from the date of their injuries to file a lawsuit, so it’s best to contact a lawyer as soon as possible after you’re hurt in an improper lane change accident. To get your free initial consultation with our personal injury team at The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian, call our Houston office today or visit our contact page.