Houston Rear-End Car Accident Lawyers
When you’ve been hurt in a rear-end collision, the days, weeks, and months afterward can be filled with pain and frustration as you struggle to cope with serious injuries and missed time from work. The last thing you want to be doing is dealing with an insurance company that is trying to shortchange you or trick you into settling for less than you deserve.
Before you talk to the insurance company, you need to speak to a knowledgeable Houston rear-end car accident lawyer about your legal rights to compensation. Please call The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian today to meet with an attorney in a free consultation. We will assess your case and answer any questions you have, at no obligation to you.
Who Pays for a Rear-end Collision?
More often than not, the driver in the rear is the person to blame for an accident. However, that is not always the case.
There are circumstances where the driver in front could be to blame, such as in a parking lot accident where a driver backing out of a spot fails to see and yield to a vehicle driving in the lane behind them.
In other cases, the accident may have been caused by a defective brake or other dangerous auto parts that prevented a driver from stopping in time. Under these circumstances, injured victims may be able to pursue compensation from the makers of the defective part.
If a dangerous condition on a poorly maintained roadway led to the crash, the government entity or contractor responsible for roadway maintenance could be to blame.
No matter the circumstances of your case, if you were hurt in a rear-end accident that was not your fault, you should speak to a knowledgeable attorney about who could be held responsible.
How Our Rear-End Accident Attorneys Can Help
You may be wondering whether you really need an attorney to handle your rear-end car accident claim. The fact is, if you were injured and are missing time from work, you should at least consult with an attorney to make sure you understand your rights.
At The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian, we work quickly to take the pressures off of you during this stressful time. You can trust our team to:
- Take overall communication with the insurance company. You should not have an insurance adjuster hounding you while you are trying to recover. You can simply tell anyone from the insurance company to talk to your lawyer.
- Gather all the evidence. While you rest and focus on getting the medical help you need, our team will return to the accident scene, review all the evidence collected, and work with experts to reconstruct what happened. We may track down video surveillance from the area that captured the crash, and we will interview witnesses to find out what they saw.
- Prove liability. Our attorneys will work to identify all possible sources of compensation in your claim. If an at-fault party tries to deny liability or shift some of the blame onto you, we will fight their arguments with hard evidence supporting your case.
Document past, current, and future losses. From the beginning, you will be seeing the bills pile up from medical care, travel costs to and from appointments, missed time from work, etc. You may also worry about how your injuries will affect you into the future if you cannot return to work or are facing long-term medical treatment. Our team will document all of this and demand maximum compensation for your losses.
- Aggressively negotiate for a full and fair rear-end car accident settlement. Our skilled attorneys are able to resolve many claims in negotiations with insurance companies. Armed with strong evidence, we negotiate from a position of strength, knowing that most insurers do not want to risk losing in court.
- Take your case to trial. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, our rear-end car accident attorneys will zealously fight for you in court, presenting a persuasive case for why you deserve maximum compensation for the damages you have suffered.
Common Causes of Rear-End Accidents
Over the years, we have investigated all types of rear-end crashes. Although each situation is unique, there are some common causes to these types of dangerous collisions:
- Sudden Stops
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Poor weather or road conditions
- Brake failures
No matter the cause of your rear-end crash, if you believe someone else was at fault, you should seek the advice of our trusted personal injury attorneys.
Common Rear-End Collision Injuries
You should always seek medical treatment after a rear-end crash, even if you are uncertain of how serious your injuries are. Some injuries may not display symptoms right away, but they can worsen over time if left untreated. Sometimes the shock of the accident can mask the pain. This is why it is crucial to get checked out, no matter how you are feeling.
Some of the common injury cases our Houston rear-end car accident attorneys handle involve:
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Facial injuries and disfigurement
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Hand and arm injuries
- Knee injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
Once you have seen a doctor, be sure to follow all their instructions and attend any follow-up appointments. You should also save all the paperwork and receipts related to your treatment.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
At The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian, we have earned a reputation for standing up for the rights of car accident victims throughout Houston. We believe that the claims process should not be stressful or put an added burden on those who are already coping with devastating injuries. That is why our attorneys and legal support team do everything in our power to take the load off you.
Please contact our law firm today to set up a free consultation to discuss the details of your rear-end car accident. We are here to listen and give you the smart legal advice you need to demand the full and fair compensation you deserve.