Dangerous Road Conditions Accident Attorney in Houston
Roads that are damaged, neglected, or in disrepair can pose significant hazards to even the most careful drivers. If you were injured because of dangerous roadway conditions, you may be eligible for compensation.
The skilled personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian have decades of combined legal experience with these types of cases. We can guide you through every step of the legal process, from investigating your accident and gathering evidence to negotiating assertively for the full recovery you’re due.
To learn more about causes of car accidents as dangerous road conditions in Houston and whether you could be entitled to compensation, contact The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian for a free consultation.
Why Choose The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian?
From the moment you choose our firm, we consider you a part of our family and treat you how we would want to be treated. We handle every case we take with the individualized care and consideration needed to achieve the best results possible. We offer free, no-risk initial case reviews. If we don’t win compensation for your case, you’ll never owe us any legal fees.
You can expect us to help by:
- Assessing your legal options – Our knowledgeable lawyers can analyze the facts involved in your case and the laws that apply to determine your legal rights and options. You can then make educated decisions about how to proceed with your case.
- Gathering evidence to support your claim – We will gather compelling evidence to prove dangerous driving conditions, negligence, and the full extent of your damages. We will use the law to establish who the liable parties are and under which legal theories they are responsible for your injuries.
- Calculating your claim’s full value – Don’t be tempted to take the insurance company’s first offer. Insurance adjusters may make a fast offer to try to get you to sign a release so you cannot go back and get more money you are due. Speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer to learn about the full value of your claim.
- Advocating on your behalf – We can handle communication with the insurance company and the other parties involved with your claim so you can focus on your recovery. We will fight to hold at-fault parties responsible for the harm they caused.
At The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian, our team of compassionate and relentless advocates has served injured victims in the Houston area for more than 15 years. We have earned a reputation of success based on the real results we have secured for thousands of clients. We are committed to managing every aspect of your accident claim process so you can focus on what matters most: your medical recovery.
Common Causes of Dangerous Road Conditions
Many dangerous road conditions are the result of faulty infrastructure design, defective maintenance or construction, or administrative negligence. Some common examples of each of these types of flaws include:
Faulty Infrastructure Design
- Hazardous curves, slopes, or dips in road layouts
- Visual obstructions at intersections or crosswalks
- Steep drop-offs like ravines or cliffs on roadsides
- Entrance ramps, exit ramps, and merge lanes that are too short
- Missing or faulty guardrails
- Improper drainage system design
- Missing, damaged, or improper traffic signage
- Poor placement of traffic signals
Defective Maintenance or Construction
- Poor quality materials or handiwork
- Failure to follow approved construction plans
- Failure to properly repair damaged or missing guardrails
- Failure to repair or replace damaged or missing signage
- Failure to properly repair road defects
- Failure to properly repair worn or damaged paint markers
- Allowing road subsidence, or sinking, to occur
- Allowing road cave-ins or bridge collapse
- Failure to adapt to changing traffic patterns
- Ignoring reports of dangerous road conditions
- Failure to approve proposals for infrastructure improvements
Who Is Responsible for My Dangerous Road Accident?
In most cases, car accidents are caused by the negligence of one or more of the drivers involved in the crash. However, liability can be less clear-cut when dangerous road conditions contributed to a collision.
Roads are typically maintained by counties, cities, or states, some of which may share responsibility for them. It can be challenging to prove that a governing agency was responsible for dangerous road conditions that led to an accident. Still, the first step typically involves demonstrating that the poor conditions were a contributing factor.
An experienced attorney can help you determine who is responsible for maintenance and identify evidence of possible negligence.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
Depending on the nature of the accident and the extent of any injuries or property damage you suffered, the amount of money you could recover with a successful claim may vary widely. You could be entitled to compensation for:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses for the treatment of your accident-related injuries
- Incidental costs you incur as a result of the accident, such as costs of travel to and from necessary medical appointments
- Lost wages, if you were forced to miss time at work to recover from your injuries
- Losses in your future earning potential, if you are disabled as a result of your accident-related injuries to the extent that you cannot perform your usual job
- Pain, suffering, and losses in your overall quality or enjoyment of life
How Long Do Compensation Claims Take to Settle?
If you have grounds for a personal injury claim, you likely need access to the compensation you are owed as soon as possible. While it’s possible to settle a compensation claim quickly, doing so often means accepting a lower settlement than you would otherwise.
In less complicated cases, a compensation claim may be resolved in a matter of weeks. However, if it’s not clear who was at fault for the accident, the accident caused a significant amount of damage, or it’s too early to determine the long-term effects of your injuries, your claim could take much longer. A knowledgeable lawyer can help you estimate the value of your claim and work to aggressively and efficiently pursue the compensation you deserve.
What Is the Statute of Limitations on Dangerous Road Accident Claims?
If you plan to file a personal injury claim after a dangerous accident, you should be familiar with the statute of limitations in Texas. A statute of limitations is a law that describes how long you have to take certain types of legal action. Generally, Texas law provides two years from the date of the accident that caused your injury to file a personal injury claim in civil court.
If you don’t file your claim before this two-year deadline, the court may dismiss your case. It’s also important to note that if you plan to file a claim against a government entity in Texas (which may be necessary for a dangerous road accident claim), the timeline is even shorter. You have just six months from the date of your injury to file a claim against a Texas government agency. Do not delay in reaching out for the legal help you need.
Contact a Dangerous Road Accident Lawyer
If you were involved in a dangerous road accident in Texas, you need the help of a seasoned lawyer with experience holding government entities accountable.
The Law Offices of Hilda Sibrian has successfully represented thousands of accident victims in Houston and the surrounding areas. Our team knows what it takes to obtain the results you need. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help.